No one can deny a good chicken parm. This version, coated with almond flour and LOTS of parmesan, is both keto-friendly and completely irresistible. We’re hooked.
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 55 MINS
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. almond flour
3 large eggs, beaten
3 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 c. low-carb sugar-free tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs and almond flour in 2 separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working with one at a time, dip chicken cutlets into almond flour, then eggs, and then Parmesan mixture, pressing to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary, adding more oil when needed.
- Transfer fried cutlets to a 9″-x-13″ baking dish, evenly spread tomato sauce on each cutlet and top with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, broil until cheese is golden, 3 minutes.
- Top with basil and more Parmesan before serving.
Like this recipe? Get access to a Custom Keto Diet plan that works together with your schedule and preferences to create a tailor-made solution for you.