Keto people, meet your new favorite weeknight dinner. It’s super-easy, extremely hearty, and it’s got a little kick from the jalapeño. We packed all of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors into this endlessly scoopable and delicious casserole. Make a batch of keto tortilla chips and you won’t need any utensils, simply dip and chow down. Finish off with our keto frosty for a decadent and delicious keto feast!
Keto Tortilla Chips have just two main ingredients and are so simple to make when that craving hits.
YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 lb. ground beef
2 tbsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. keto taco seasoning mix
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced, plus more sliced for garnish
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley leaves
1 c. sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until slightly softened, 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Sprinkle in taco seasoning and jalapeño and cook, stirring, until spices are lightly toasted, 1 minute. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add in meat mixture. Spread mixture into an even layer in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and top each slice with a dollop of sour cream and jalapeño, if desired.
Like this recipe? Get access to a Custom Keto Diet plan that works together with your schedule and preferences to create a tailor-made solution for you.