Sometimes you can’t beat a classic.
YIELDS: 8 – 10
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
3 chicken breasts
1 green apple, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2/3 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped dill, for garnish
6 slices lemon (optional)
6 sprigs dill (optional)
- Poach chicken: In a large pot, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer. If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken. Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an inch. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the center of the chicken reaches 165° with an instant read thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, check that the thickest part of the chicken is opaque.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, onion and celery.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss. Garnish with dill and serve.